Used oil is defined as petroleum-based oil that through use, storage, or handling, has become unsuitable for its original purpose due to the presence of impurities or loss of original properties.
Did you know? ONE gallon of oil can contaminate 100,000 gallons of water!
We accept used motor oil at our Household Hazardous Waste collections. Please follow these directions exactly in order to safety dispose of your unused and unwanted motor oil at our Household Hazardous Waste Collections.
- Put motor oil into its own clean, dry plastic jug (milk jug with screw top is good), seal it well, and label it!
- Containers with oil will be emptied and given back to you.
- Place oil filters in a sealed plastic bag.
- Please do not mix products!
- LIMIT OF 10 GALLONS OF OIL PER VISIT.
- If you have over 10 gallons of oil please schedule an appointment with the Marquette County Landfill.